Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mistakes and Admiration

Today (well yesterday now, it's past midnight when I'm posting this) I went to Disneyland to paint. It was my first real solo trip in a while, and it was really nice to take a leisurely walk around the parks without the hustle and bustle of rushing to attractions or complying with other peoples wants and needs. Which, granted, is kind of the point of Disneyland, but anxiety is kind of messing with my ability/enjoyment of the attractions. :( I actually didn't go on anything while I was there. Although I did attempt to see Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln... but it wasn't showing soon due to some technical difficulties. I think I'm one of the few who is legitimately sad about that. Anyway, you're probably looking at my blog to see some art, not hear about all this randomness. I give you art:


Yes it isn't finished. Due to some major proportion problems I made which later led to frustration. I decided to stop while it was still okay... Plus it was really hot and I wasn't exactly sitting in the shade. Not very fun painting conditions. 

For the second painting I did it was a requirement that I found someplace with shade. Problem is... that is quite the task. In both parks actually, but moreso DCA. Luckily, I found a pretty nice spot and set up my makeshift studio atop a trash can. (classy painter right there.) 


By the time I finished I had already gotten so many compliments. Random guests, some Cast Members, and even some Japanese tourists wanted to take a photo of it! It's actually something of a moral booster, especially since I've been feeling so down in the dumps about my art lately.

1 comment: